8:15-9:00 - LP breakfast - invite only
Registration and morning coffee
Chairperson’s welcome and opening remarks
Keynote: Macroeconomic and geo- political overview
Opening panel session
European mid- market outlook for 2023
- War in Ukraine and energy price growth- impact on PE
- Inflation and supply chain challenges
- How to navigate an impending recession - fundraising and deals
- Debt market - how do bankers and advisors see the market at the moment?
Fundraising: how to identify real capital
- Which fund types are best able to fundraise in the current climate and how?
- Democratisation of PE- what does it mean for the industry?
- Comparing primary and secondary fundraises in the market
- How ESG and SFDR requirements are impacting fundraising
Coffee and networking
ESG: what really matters?
- How to integrate ESG and measure it well
- What happens to non-sustainable assets?
- Should we support companies deemed non-ESG?
- How can GPs prove that they are focusing on ESG? What is truly relevant for investors?
Sectors analysis: Data Presentation
Sectors generalist versus sector specialist
- Does investing in more than one sector make a GP a generalist?
- What is a benchmark to be considered a sector focused specialist?
- If investors don’t embrace tech, will they achieve the same returns?
- Is sector specialism just marketing or does it actually add value?
Lunch and networking
GP-led as part of a much bigger secondaries market
Investing in Europe
- How to successfully establish yourself as a pan-European fund
- What geographic regions are most welcomed by investors, and what are the challenges to invest in?
- Nordic countries- why do they welcome PE much more compared to other countries?
- Is Southern Europe becoming the geography to invest in? What has led to this market opening up?
Coffee and networking
LP perspective- where are the opportunities for investors?
- Where have LPs seen the best return in the past? How much does this influence where future allocations are directed towards?
- How do LPs expect their portfolio to respond in a potential recession?
- GPs are paying high prices- will they continue to do so? What are the expectations for the future?
- How do investors intend to deploy capital in the current market?
Latest innovations in value creation
- Best approaches and strategies for value creation
- What should be avoided during an investment?
- What are the primary drivers in the current economic environment?
- Multi Strategies - pros and cons
- What are the challenges that value creation teams are facing?
Champagne roundtable discussions
- Buyouts strategies and diversified approaches - what LPs want
- How do firms attract and keep talent?
- Navigating succession
Chair’s closing remarks