LP breakfast - invite only
Registration and morning coffee
Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Greg Gille, Editor, Real Deals
Keynote: Macroeconomic and geo- political overview
Jeremy Lawson, Chief Economist, ABRDN
Opening panel session
European mid- market outlook for 2023
- War in Ukraine and energy price growth- impact on PE
- Inflation and supply chain challenges
- How to navigate an impending recession - fundraising and deals
- Debt market - how do bankers and advisors see the market at the moment?
Moderator: Scott Moeller, Professor, Bayes Business School
Maria Andrisani, Head of Capital Markets Europe, Bain Capital
Wol Kolade, Managing Partner, Livingbridge
Vytautas Plunksnis, Partner, INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund
Imogen Richards, Partner, Pantheon
Henry Smith, Partner, Control Risks
Fundraising: how to identify real capital
- Which fund types are best able to fundraise in the current climate and how?
- Democratisation of PE- what does it mean for the industry?
- Comparing primary and secondary fundraises in the market
- How ESG and SFDR requirements are impacting fundraising
Moderator: Walid Fakhry, Managing Partner, Soho Square Capital
Ulrich Hardt, Partner, Headway Capital Partners
Adam Harrison, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Titanbay
Coffee and networking
ESG: what really matters?
- How to integrate ESG and measure it well
- What happens to non-sustainable assets?
- Should we support companies deemed non-ESG?
- How can GPs prove that they are focusing on ESG? What is truly relevant for investors?
Moderator: Garry Wilson, Managing Partner, Endless
Eric Bloom, COO & Head of Client Solutions, Re:Co Insights
Claire Hedley, ESG Director, 17Capital
Filippo Gaggini, CEO- Managing Partner, Progressio
Stephanie Wall, Sustainability Director, Palatine
Sectors generalist versus sector specialist
- Does investing in more than one sector make a GP a generalist?
- What is a benchmark to be considered a sector focused specialist?
- If investors don’t embrace tech, will they achieve the same returns?
- Is sector specialism just marketing or does it actually add value?
Moderator: Jennifer Forrest, Reporter, Real Deals
Vahit Alili, Investment Director, Schroders Capital
Mirza Delibegovic, Partner, Limerston Capital
James Hales, Senior Director, NorthEdge
Nazo Moosa, Managing Partner, Energy Impact Partners
Henry Sallitt, Managing Partner, FPE Capital
Lunch and networking
GP-led as part of a much bigger secondaries market
Moderator: Philipp Patschkowski, Managing Director, Neuberger Berman
Ralf Flore, Managing Partner, Ufenau
Serge Koniski, Director, Montana Capital
Nicolas Schellenberg, Managing Director, Cambridge Associates
Stephen Pike, Partner, Macfarlanes
Investing in Europe
- How to successfully establish yourself as a pan-European fund
- What geographic regions are most welcomed by investors, and what are the challenges to invest in?
- Nordic countries- why do they welcome PE much more compared to other countries?
- Is Southern Europe becoming the geography to invest in? What has led to this market opening up?
Moderator: Edgar Kolesnik, Partner, Abris
Tassilo Arnhold, Private Equity Partner, AnaCap
Neil MacDougall, Chairman, Sophora Unternehmerkapital
Olav Ostin, Managing Partner, TempoCap
David Wilmot, Founding Partner, Apera Asset Management
Charly Zwemstra, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, Main Capital
LP perspective- where are the opportunities for investors?
- Where have LPs seen the best return in the past? How much does this influence where future allocations are directed towards?
- How do LPs expect their portfolio to respond in a potential recession?
- GPs are paying high prices- will they continue to do so? What are the expectations for the future?
- How do investors intend to deploy capital in the current market?
Moderator: Ipek Mutlu, Managing Director & Head of International PE, Esas Holding
Matt Hansford, Head of Europe, MassMutual
Merrick McKay, Head of Private Equity Europe, ABRDN
Marco Natoli, Head of Lower Mid- Market, EIF
Claudio Siniscalco, Founder and Managing Partner, Fiduciary Co-Investments Partners
Latest innovations in value creation
- Best approaches and strategies for value creation
- What should be avoided during an investment?
- What are the primary drivers in the current economic environment?
- Multi Strategies - pros and cons
- What are the challenges that value creation teams are facing?
Moderator: Charlie Linacre, Director, Finatal
Scott Barham, Head of Portfolio, Connection Capital
Martin Calderbank, Managing Partner, Agilitas
Simon Cottle, CEO, Stanley Capital
Jennifer Flood, Vice President, Investindustrial
Ellen van den Broek, Co- Investment Director, Capital Dynamics
Champagne roundtable discussions
- A Mélange of Growth, Buyouts, Credit, Turnarounds and Diversified Approaches: What LPs & Founders Want? - Omiros D. Sarikas, Managing Partner, Brookstreet Equity Partners LLP
- How do firms attract and keep talent? - Jenny Collins, Chief Talent Officer, Mayfair Equity Partner
- Navigating succession - Elena Smirnova, Managing Director, Glendower Capital