Day One – Tuesday 5 February 2019
- Two months to go – What are the likely affects of Brexit and how will this will affect global investment in the UK?
- Global investment trends – How does this impact on UK PE
- What do tariff wars and rising interest rates mean for PE and PCs?
- Sector growth – 5 year forecast
- Winning the deal
- Scale and time frame of changes to the business
- Which partners were used? How did this affect the process and outcome?
- Strategy behind exiting the business for maximum returns
Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Synova Capital
- Who are the new players in the market and what are they doing differently?
- Are the good times likely to end for the traditional model?
- New GP models and the impact on the LP relationship
Former Poker Professional
- Forming relationships and using rapport to close the deal
- Impact of global trends on UK business
- How can GPs prepare, plan and embace this?
- Which sectors are attracting the most investment?
- Is this likely to change?
- Should GPs specialise or diversify? – Which delivers greater returns?
Managing Partner, Apposite Capital
- What you need to think about when deciding where your money goes
- Is GP reputation enough to base your decision on?
- Which sectors are on the rise and set to grow for future returns ?
- Lessons learnt
- New business models and investment opportunities
- Minimising risk, building your network and getting the right information
- Making it work - adding value to GPs when possible and keeping communication open
- Hiring the right person to win business and create portfolio value
- Looking outside the box – finding the right talent in unexpected places
- Incentivisation - what works and what doesn’t
- Focusing on increasing transparency
- Are GPs incentivised to push for best value?
- Lots of money chasing limited deals – how is this affecting the market?
- Getting companies on track – what is the best method?
- Financial engineering, distress management, debt control and/or debt management
Roundtable 1 – Secondary Markets
Roundtable 2 – Exiting for optimum returns
Roundtable 3 – Debt
Roundtable 4 – Remuneration and Retention in GPs
You can join the industry for a relaxing drink and learn from poker expert Caspar Berry the ins and the outs of the game. Alternatively, you can join one of our intimate champagne roundtable sessions to really get to the crux of the following issues
Day Two – Wednesday 6 February 2019
- To what extent is a new GP business model needed?
- Increasing duration of contracts - How longhold funds can work for you
- Minority deals - Why the growth in popularity?
- Co-investment - How can this work for both parties?
- Trends in the Multi vs. Single-Product GP model
- Client centricity and transparency within the successful GP model
Principal Fund Investment, Hamilton Lane
- Transparency and trust - building the LP/GP relationship
- What is the current GP/LP appetite for co-investment
- Using co-investment to increase deal flow
James D.C. Pitt
Partner, Lexington Partners
- Dealing with rejection – Coping mechanisms for dealing with multiple bids that don’t convert
- Managing stress and staying focused when working to tight deadlines
- Attributes to look for in candidates
- Keeping the Individuals engaged in the company vision
- Will Golden Handcuffs deliver the best outcome for your business?
- What was purchased and why?
- What was the decision making process between buying on the secondary market and investing directly?
- How did the process differ from a standard deal?
- Lessons learnt
- What is the view on risk in secondary market investments vs new investments?
- Pricing and deal flows
- Do secondary markets work better in some sectors rather than others?